"If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance"
-George Bernard Shaw


Sunday, January 4, 2015

Evernote!

Recently I viewed a webinar on Legacy's website on Evernote presented by Lisa Louise Cooke.  Evernote is a cloud based program which allows you to take notes, capture webpages, photos, etc and organize your research.  It also allows you to tag the notes you take and manage your genealogical projects. I took the challenge that Lisa presented in her webinar and tried Evernote for a week....now I'm hooked!  My favorite feature of Evernote? The fact that I can use it on all my devices or online if I don't have my own devices and it all syncs to my cloud and all the information is available from whatever I access Evernote on.
Here's an example to explain what I mean.
Yesterday I was at the library with my mom.  While I was working I wanted to photocopy a picture of the John Alden house from the Mayflower Silver book.  Instead of going to the copy machine and creating another piece of paper, I snapped a photo with my phone from Evernote and synced my photos from my phone.  I was able to sync the photos and the information f

No comments:

Post a Comment