"If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance"
-George Bernard Shaw


Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Major Mistake????

I've been working diligently, although not making much progress, on my research and I have made a possible major mistake in my research.  I'm working on my Wheeler line for my Great Great Great Grandparents and I'm unable to find any records that support the information that I have right now.  So here's the scoop, Ira Wheeler married three women, Phebe Wiley in 1846, Hannah Bird in 1852 and Helen Brown (My line) in 1863.  According to family bible pages Ira was the son of Thomas and Experience Wheeler (shared here).



I then have Experience as the daughter of Randall and Experience (Alden) Wheeler.  He's the deal....The information doesn't match up!  The problem is I cannot find where Randall and Experience's daughter named Experience that married Thomas Wheeler.  If this is the wrong Experience Wheeler....which I'm afraid it may be, then my entire line to the Alden's is incorrect and I may not be descended from Pilgrims after all....this would be sad news indeed.  I really loved learning the story of John Alden and Priscilla Mullins as well as John Alden Jr accused of witch craft during the Salem Witch Trials.
So for now I press forward researching my information and determining if it's right or wrong.
I'll keep you updated!!!!
Happy Hunting!



No comments:

Post a Comment