"If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance"
-George Bernard Shaw


Monday, August 3, 2009

Home Sweet Home

So we're home and we've survived our camping/family reunion weekend. Although we had really bad wind during the family reunion and it was freezing cold and there was only a small turn out it was nice to see everyone that was there...and of course the food was good as always.
We ended up leaving late last night because of sore backs and other things and slept in our own beds last night....boy was it every nice to sleep in my own bed.

As for my research...I visited my GGrandpa's brother and his wife's grave site. I also took my family and we visited the old family farm...actually it was more of a drive by and check it out. Beyond that my weekend turned into a nonresearch weekend. It is difficult when you are only there for a weekend and that the places you need to go are only opened for limited hours-of course the hours that I wasn't there. The good news is that Cadillac is only about an hour drive from where we live and it won't be hard for me to plan a day trip there.

Happy Hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment