"If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance"
-George Bernard Shaw


Saturday, July 23, 2011

New Hobby

I have recently discovered a new hobby, no I'm not going to now or ever give up my obsession with genealogy.  I recently started and finished my first miniature dollhouse.  I remember my mom making miniature furniature when I was a child.  My daughter, Lily, and I worked on the house together.  She helped paint and hand things to mom, although any of you that have or have had a five-year-old know how much "help" they can be sometimes, not to mention how long that help lasts.  But, I hope when she's older that she remembers building that house with mom.  We've even started building our second house and have our 3rd house bought and on standby! 

I think we're hooked, but or right now with the nice weather we have spent some time in the local cemeteries and libraries working on Findagrave requests and Random Acts of Genealogy Kindess requests.

Here are some photos of our completed miniature house!  Enjoy!!!!
And Happy Hunting!


















No comments:

Post a Comment