"If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance"
-George Bernard Shaw


Friday, November 2, 2012

Support Cydni's List

Cyndi, the creator of the genealogy websit Cyndi's list, announced last night/yesterday on facebook that her website has been ripped off! Cyndi has been working for years on her website, a site that I use often to help me in my research.  Apparently the person that has stolen her information has not only ripped off her copyright, but is using it for monetary gain!!!!!  This makes me so frustraited because it really makes it difficult for those of us who want to share genealogy with the world and work to keep access to records free. 

For all my follows and just plain fans of genealogy, please show Cyndi your support!

Here's a link to a blog written about the situation
http://blog.mocavo.com/2012/11/copyright-and-copy-wrong

Please supprot Cyndi and show her our genealogy love!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment