"If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance"
-George Bernard Shaw


Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happy 2015!

Another New Year is here!  Can you believe how quickly 2014 went by!  I'm taking some time during these few days off from work to reflect on  my genealogy research and what my goals are from here.  I'm continuing to follow up leads from my Fitzgerald research and making the leap "over the pond".  I've also been reading up on Irish history and learning about the events that shaped Ireland in the time that my Fitzgeralds immigrated to the United States and why they may have come here.  During my research an interesting fact that I learned is that the Irish did not have clan tartans.  That is strictly a Scottish thing.  Some clan have registered a tartan with the Scottish office that handles that, but Irish kilts were generally a solid color.  I registered for a website called Fitzgerald Clans.  It's part of the Irish clan network.  There's lot of information as well as a store that clan items, like the clan's Aran sweater pattern, can be purchased.  One project I have planned for this year is to knit myself my own Fitzgerald Aran sweater, maybe as a sweater dress. 
My main goals this year is to work towards some of my brickwalls.  I am also considering application to the Mayflower Society. My one genealogy goal this year is to write for my blog more consistently as well.  2014 brought some major changes to my life and took time that I would have normally devoted to my research and writing.  Now those obstacles no longer exist I have my time again.
I'm off to research!
Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment