"If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance"
-George Bernard Shaw


Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Computer Woes...Day 2....At least it doesn't sting as much

It's day 2 of recovering my files...and my pride....since my laptop ate my files.  Okay really the bios apparently crashed and wiped my hard drive.  I took it over to Best Buy today to see if they could retrieve my data....no such luck....well okay maybe if I had them send it off to "the lab" and let them try to recover my files. Did I mention that it would cost $500 plus.  Okay there is one other place in town I'm going to try at the recommendation of a friend. 

So on the research front....
Today I listened to a webinar presented by Legacy on researching 17th to 19th Century Irish records present by Judy Eccles Wight.  Judy has 8 webinars now in the Legacy collection online.  Unlimited access to members.  I highly recommend a subscription to Legacy's webinars.  There's over 200 webinars available online.  (And no Legacy didn't pay me to say that....I just love them!)  There are topics from beginner to advanced and for so many localities.  Check them out at www.familytreewebinars.com. They also presented a bonus webinar on Irish genealogy available to members only.

I spent part of the day repairing and relinking my research together.  My records generally are all there, just not it once piece.  All my sources are still in my file...save one or two recent additions....again just not attached to everyone. So I continue to repair my research while any new researching will have to be on hold.

Once again, right now, GO BACK UP YOUR WORK!!! Especially if you didn't do it yesterday!
Happy Hunting all.

No comments:

Post a Comment