"If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance"
-George Bernard Shaw


Monday, September 14, 2015

Random Acts has Returned!

When I say genealogy happy dance what genealogist doesn't  know that feeling?
Recently I typed in the website for the former website Random Acts of Genealogy Kindness In my search engine, looking for some information on the former website.. I wasn't expecting to find much on the website itself, however I was surprised that random answers back online. Those of you who are followers know I have always been a huge fan of the website, and was devastated when we found out that the founder had unexpectedly died.  The website was shut down shortly after her death. Recently the website has come back online!
Now to honor her memory I encourage all my genealogy friends out there to sign up and volunteer. The commitment isn't big the new creators asked that you follow through with one random act a month in more of course if you like what you the guidelines are the same as the former random acts website and I am encouraged to be using this website again soon
Myself. All the details on the website on how to volunteer and how to request a volunteer. I am so excited and thrilled that this invaluable tool is back online.
Make sure to share with all your genealogy friends out there that random acts of genealogy kindness has returned and encourage your friends to sign up as well. The website won't work without everybody's help.
I look forward to hearing about all the acts that you, my followers, fulfill and the ones that you receive. I'm even more excited to hear how these random acts will help each of you further your own genealogy research as well as to share my own experiences. And what better way to give back to our genealogy community and each other by volunteering to help someone else!!
The web address is www.RA0GK.org

Happy Hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment