"If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance"
-George Bernard Shaw


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Appologies

I have realized today that it has been over two months since I've written.  I wish I could say it is because of some great genealogical adventure or that I have been neck deep in family history reseach, but, alas, it has not.  I suffer from what many of my classmates also suffer from - not having enough time to do everything we want to do, be a mom and go to nursing school.  In fact, seems we thought we were moving back in September, most of my genealogical materials is boxed up in boxes. 

Since, my computer has also needed a trip to the shop, so I must find in the mountain of boxes in the closet, my legacy program so that I can reinstall my program and load my files back onto my laptop, which I can happily say is like a new computer since the installation of a brand new mother board.

So plans are quickly underway on what has been a long time coming family vacation to Pennsylvani.  We will be embarking via RV on September 10th, with an overnight stay in Lansing, Michigan for my husband's commissioning ceremony for the National Guard at the state capital on September 11th, then off to Pennsylvania, with a couple days at the end of our trip in Gettysburg.  Anticipation bubbles for the trip, but it still seems like such a long way off, but still not so long.

This year I plan to gather the documentation for to earn an Ancestral Certificate from Grand Traverse Area Genealogical Society.  This year I will not be speaking as planned, but committed to being a back up if someone cancels.  The only month available was September and seems I will be in Pennsylvania, it would be difficult to present at the meeting, although with today's technology, not impossible.    Have I mentioned yet that I am really looking forward to my trip?  :D  I can't help it.  The excitement of walking down the same streets my ancestors traveled is exciting for me to think about!

So until next time,
Happy Genealogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment