"If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance"
-George Bernard Shaw


Monday, March 15, 2010

A Wee Bit o' Irish

St. Patrick's Day is fast coming on us this week.  The day that we all get to be a little bit Irish, although some myself included, get to be Irish all year around.  What does St. Patrick's Day mean to you?  For me it makes me think of my Grandma that died in 2002.    He always used to say "You can always tell and Irishmen, but you can't tell him much!"
I never drink green beer on St. Patrick's day, I hate beer.  I do usually wear green, although this year it might be tricky because I have nursing school clinicals for 12 hours on Wednesday and we are required to wear white uniforms.  Bummer, I just bought a couple cute Irish T-shirts too!  I'll have to wear them other days this week I guess.
Today a friend of mine asked on Facebook to post a favorite Irish blessing.  This one always come to my mind:
“May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.”
A few years ago I started cross stitching this, but it ended up so out of line it was horrible, it's on my to-do list after graduation....actually now that I think about it I could really start it now.  I will definately take photos when I am done and share...it might be in 5 years, but I will share.  :)

Not much more to write today, but feel free to share your favorite Irish blessings in the comments!  I'd love to see what you all think of.

Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment