"If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance"
-George Bernard Shaw


Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My own Mini Scan fest

With the recent death of my beloved Grandma, I have inherited many family documents, things that may be rather benign to the common observer, but are genealogical gold to those of us whose life’s work has gone to researching our roots.  In as much I have realized, looking at the piles of paper that I have accumulated over the years, what happens to all my paper as it deteriorates….so now here I sit at my trusty laptop next to the scanner, even as I type…oh excuse me a second….even as I type, scanning in page after page of my research.  I am having my own little private scan fest…one that will probably last for days.  So my New Year’s resolution is to get all this scanned…and I’m not waiting until January 1st to get it started.  The one thing that I love about our HP scanner is the program with it allows me to scan in PDF files and all multiple pages for one file.  Makes scanning things and naming them a lot easier…can’t wait to scan all 75 pages of my Great Great Grandpa’s Civil War service record.  Oh and don’t worry, I do plan to back up all my files online and to disk just in case my trusty laptop decides to bite the big one….that would be tragic!

No comments:

Post a Comment