"If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance"
-George Bernard Shaw


Saturday, December 31, 2011

Post Scanning Reflection

So its taken me a few days, but I've almost completely scanned everything in my genealogy files.  I have a few more pages to go and my scanner won't scan those 11x14 inch pages, I think I'm going to have to buy a flatbed scanner that will scan that size page.
I think taking on this progect was one of the best things I could have done for my genealogy research.  I kept a stack of 4x6 index cards and wrote notes to myself on things I needed to follow up on and was also albe to reassess the information that I have already complied.  I discovered some new leads that I had in my own informat on my Fitzgerald ancestors and wrote a follow up letter to one of the churches in the area where they lived for possible additional information.  Keeping my fingers crossed!  Every little tid bit of information gets me one step closer to breaking down this brickwall. 

Happy Hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment