"If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance"
-George Bernard Shaw


Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fearless Females March 17: Social Groups

Social Butterfly? What social organizations or groups did your mother or grandmother belong to? Sewing circle, church group, fraternal benefit society or lodge? Describe her role in the group.
My mother and paretnal grandmother were both members of the Catholic Daughters.  I also remembers my mother and my maternal grandmother being members of the local ladies aid society when I was younger.  My Mother and I are both members and board members of the local genealogical society.  For the Grand Traverse Area Genealogical Soceity my mother is the group historian and the correspponding secretary, I am the current Vice President and the publicity chair.


HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment