"If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance"
-George Bernard Shaw


Friday, March 18, 2011

Fearless Females March 18: Music Makers

Shining star: Did you have a female ancestor who had a special talent? Artist, singer, actress, athlete, seamstress, or other? Describe.

Many member of my family play musical instruments.  I personally play the clarinet.  One of my Aunts also plays the clarinet, in fact she loaned me her clarinet to use while I was in school band class under the agreement that I would play at the family Christmas the following year.  Well I only played for the family once.  I think playing for my family was more nerve wracking than any concert I ever played in.  I did play at a headstone dedication last summer for GTAGS if you all remember from my post about the Gottlieb Piltz.  I also played the bass clarinet, which looks like a cross between a clarinet and a saxaphone. 

My mom played the violin and the viola in high school, I suspect she still has the ability, but maybe a little bit out of practice. My paternal grandmother played the saxaphone as a teenager.

My daughter already shows interest in music.  She has one of those roll up pianos that she loves to play with and she has a recorder flute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment