"If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance"
-George Bernard Shaw


Monday, March 7, 2011

Fearless Females March 7: From the kitchen of....

Share a favorite recipe from your mother or grandmother’s kitchen. Why is this dish your favorite? If you don’t have one that’s been passed down, describe a favorite holiday or other meal you shared with your family.
One of my favorite recipes is one my Grandma makes called Grandma's Strawberry Desert.  Ok I don't think she uses the word 'Grandma's' in it, but I do.  I really like this recipe because it is so yummy!  Whenever I have it, it reminds me of my grandma. 
Yummy!


Grandma’s Strawberry Dessert



1 box Frozen Strawberries, thawed and drained, keep juice

1 angel food cake

1 packet Dream Whip

1 package Strawberry Danish Desert


Prepare Danish desert per the directions on the package using the juice drained from the strawberries as part of the liquid called for. Prepare Dream Whip per directions. After Danish Desert is cool put desert together by first breaking pieces of the Angel food cake to make a layer in the bottom of the bowl, then a layer of the Danish desert, a layer of strawberries and a layer of Dream Whip. Keep layering until the dish is full. Top with Dream whip and refrigerate until ready to serve.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yummy!! That sounds heavenly! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete