"If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance"
-George Bernard Shaw


Friday, March 4, 2011

Fearless Females March 4: Wedding Day Memories

Do you have marriage records for your grandparents or great-grandparents? Write a post about where they were married and when. Any family stories about the wedding day? Post a photo too if you have one.
My Grandma and Grandpa, Richard and Maxine (Loomis) Courtad were married 22 Feb 1944 at Fort Custer in Battle Creek, Michigan.  The church is still standing on base.  I was able to see the church in December when we were in Battle Creek for my husband's National Guard Christmas Party (the same day I visited the National Cemetery). 
Honestly I don't know much about my Grandma and Grandpa's wedding, other than my Grandpa was in the Army at the time.  I think it's time to sit down and talke to my grandma about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment