"If you can't get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance"
-George Bernard Shaw


Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fearless Females March 6: Grandma's Heirloom

Describe an heirloom you may have inherited from a female ancestor (wedding ring or other jewelry, china, clothing, etc.) If you don’t have any, then write about a specific object you remember from your mother or grandmother, or aunt (a scarf, a hat, cooking utensil, furniture, etc.)

I'm not sure if you'd call it an heirloom, but I inherited a plate from my Grandma.  It was the plate that she and my grandpa used for their wedding cake and that her parents used.  It is decorated with flowers and gold trim.  It is a beautiful plate and one of my most prized possessions.



2 comments:

  1. Oh it is a beautiful plate! I have one or two peaces that I was told belonged to my Dad's mother. They are every day type plates though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is gorgeous!! I would certainly consider that an heirloom.

    ReplyDelete